NHS & Private Winter Flu Vaccine Service
Book your appointment at a time that’s convenient for you. We are open seven days a week, including evenings. Scroll down to book your appointment today!
We offer the FREE NHS flu jab for customers who meet the eligibility criteria. Below is a summary of those who are eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination in community pharmacy:
- Age 65+ years (including those turning 65 years on or before 31/3/2024)
- Pregnant women (18+ years)
- Age 18+ years with any of the following conditions:
- Diabetes / asthma (treated with a preventer inhaler)
- COPD or any other long-term lung condition
- a long-term heart condition
- kidney or liver disease
- a neurological condition such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease or MS
- a learning disability
- a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or more (severely overweight)
- a weakened immune system (or are in close contact with someone who has a weakened immune system) due to a medical condition such as HIV, medication or treatment (e.g. cancer chemotherapy)
- Age 18+ years and:
- a carer in receipt of carer’s allowance, or the main carer of an older or disabled person
- a frontline healthcare worker in social care or a hospice that does not have an employer-led occupational health flu vaccination scheme
- living in long-stay residential care
At your appointment we will ask a few questions to check if you’re eligible for a free flu jab, and to make sure that it is safe for you to receive the vaccine.
We also offer a Private Flu Jab Service for those that don’t meet the free NHS eligibility criteria (above)
You can receive the Private Flu Jab for only £19.95. This service is available for anyone aged over 11 years who would like to have the flu vaccine. At your appointment we will ask a few questions to make sure that it is safe for you to receive the vaccine.
Why choose Rutland Pharmacy for your Flu Jab?
Safety: Our services are delivered by our team of qualified and experienced pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who have been specially trained to administer vaccines safely.
Quality:We use the same vaccines that are used by your doctor. We will send your doctor a copy of the vaccine that you receive from us for your medical records.
Convenience for you: We will also provide you with the COVID vaccine if you need it (subject to availability) and a blood pressure check (if you need one). This will save you from having to book an appointment at your doctors surgery. Our service is unhurried and we treat all our customers with respect.
Information & advice: We will provide you with comprehensive information and advice following your vaccine.
What can you expect during your appointment?
During your appointment at Rutland Pharmacy in Rutland, our healthcare professional will ask you some questions about your health. You may also be offered a blood pressure check if you meet NHS eligibility criteria. If you are due for your COVID vaccine, then we may be able to give this to you at the same time (subject to availability). We will then see you in a private consultation room where we will check your blood pressure (if necessary) and then administer your vaccine(s). We will then record your information on our NHS computer systems, this information will be automatically sent to your doctor to be included in your medical records. We will answer any questions you have about the service you receive.
How to book your appointment for a Flu Jab at Rutland Pharmacy
- If you meet the criteria for a FREE NHS Flu Jab then please select ‘FREE NHS Flu Jab’ from the list below and then select the most convenient appointment for you
- If you do not meet the NHS eligibility criteria, and you would like to book a Private Flu Jab then please select the ‘PRIVATE Flu Jab’ from the list below and select the most convenient appointment for you – please also continue to the payment section to make your online payment using your credit/debit card to confirm your appointment.
- FREE NHS Service (if NHS eligibility criteria are met – please see above)
- For a private flu jab the fee is £19.95